Preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation occurs along-side ongoing faith formation (religious education) based on grade level of your child. This sacramental preparation is SUPPLEMENTAL to the regular faith formation. As the parent along with your youth will discern their readiness to begin the preparation by considering the following:
- Has s/he received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation and First Eucharist?
- Is s/he at least 15 years old and in the 10th grade of High School during 2023-24 academic year?
- Is there interest in receiving the sacrament?
- Does s/he have a basic knowledge of the Catholic faith?
- Does s/he have the desire for ongoing conversion and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ?
- Does s/he participate regularly in the sacramental life of the church including regular mass attendance and reception of the Holy Eucharist?
- Is s/he prepared to commit to the requirements, listed below, to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation?
For selection of sponsors and to download the Sponsor Attestation form that needs to be completed please visit the Diocese of Richmond: CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE for the Confirmation and High School Faith Formation class schedule.
CONFIRMATION PREPARATION 2023-24 DATES - All classes are on Tuesdays in the Worship Space, 6:30-8:30 pm
|Retreat December 1-3, meet at Church at 4:15 pm on Dec. 1
Confirmation Mass is May 9th at Church of the Epiphany at 7 pm
|May 14 Mystagogy
HIGH SCHOOL FAITH FORMATION DATES - All classes are on Sundays in the church, 1:00-3:00 pm
|May - Volunteer for Vacation Bible School!
|June 17-21 - Vacation Bible School