Preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation occurs along-side ongoing faith formation (religious education) based on grade level of your child. This sacramental preparation is SUPPLEMENTAL to the regular faith formation. As the parent along with your youth will discern their readiness to begin the preparation by considering the following:
- Has s/he received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation and First Eucharist?
- Is s/he at least 15 years old and in the 10th grade of High School during 2021-22 academic year?
- Is there interest in receiving the sacrament?
- Does s/he have a basic knowledge of the Catholic faith?
- Does s/he have the desire for ongoing conversion and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ?
- Does s/he participate regularly in the sacramental life of the church including regular mass attendance and reception of the Holy Eucharist?
- Is s/he prepared to commit to the requirements, listed below, to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation?
For selection of sponsors and to download the form that needs to be filled out please visit the Diocese of Richmond: CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE for the Confirmation and High School Faith Formation class schedule.
CONFIRMATION PREPARATION 2022-23 DATES - All classes are on Tuesdays in the Worship Space, 6:30-8:30 pm
|September 13||October 11||November 15||Retreat December 2-4, meet at Church at 4:15 pm on Dec. 2|
|December 13||January 10||January ** High School Formation Retreat 7:00-11:00 pm||January 24 ***if needed for early Mass date|
|February 14||February 28 ***if needed for early Mass date||March 14||April 11|
Confirmation Mass date is assigned by the Diocese. Families will be notified as soon as the date is released.
HIGH SCHOOL FAITH FORMATION DATES - All classes are on Sundays in the church, 1:00-3:00 pm
|September 18||October 16||November 20||December 18||January 20 - Friday Night Formation Retreat!|
|February 26||March 19||April 23||May - Volunteer for Vacation Bible School!||June 12-16 - Vacation Bible School|
Confirmation Gifts Inventory below. Do this by Sunday, March 19.