Baptism is the first step in the faith life of your child and we are excited to be a part of their journey. The community of St. Gabriel sees the contact we have with families as one of the most meaningful relationships in our parish. The fact that you are bringing your child to belong to the community of faith is a testament to your own trust and faith and your love for your child.
Here at St. Gabriel's, the Sacrament of Baptism is celebrated at scheduled dates throughout the year by our pastor, or if he is not available, a deacon. There is a cap of 10 children for baptism on a date. We cannot accommodate dates chosen by parents due to the number of baptisms we celebrate. We do not hold baptism during Advent or Lent. Only in the case of medical emergency of the child or an emergency of parents or child's siblings (i.e. deployment, serious illness) can we consider alternate dates and the date chosen is at the discretion of the pastor or deacon who will preside at the Rite.
To Receive the Sacrament of Baptism
- Child must be six-year-old or younger (if older – see RCIA program information CLICK HERE)
- Household need to attend mass regularly
- Parents need to attend the baptism preparation session before child is baptized.
- For selection of godparents a godparent form needs to be completed by each Catholic Godparent. The form will be emailed to you upon completion of form below, but you can also download the form: CLICK HERE.
- Parents are encouraged to register in the parish. Visit our Newcomer's information here.
Our baptism preparation program features the Video Series: "Belonging" by Ascension Press. These videos offer wonderful insight into raising your child in the faith and in growing in your relationship with the Lord and the Church. Classes are held in the parish nursery and children are welcome.
Baptism Classes are held on Saturday mornings from 9 am to 12 noon on the following dates: Sept. 17, Nov. 19, Jan. 21, March 18, and May 20. The fee for the class is $60 and due on or before the class date.
Baptisms are scheduled for the following dates and times: Sat. Oct. 8, 5:30 pm; Sun. Oct. 9, 11 am; Sat. Dec. 17, 10 am; Sat. Feb. 18, 5:30 pm; Sun. Feb. 19, 11 am; Sat. April 15, 10 am; and Sat. June 17, 10 am.