The new guidelines for our liturgical celebrations at St. Gabriel’s Parish include:
- Fully vaccinated persons do not need to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated persons ages 5 or older must cover their mouth and nose with a mask. They must keep the mask on when they come forward to receive communion, lowering it only to consume.
- Social distancing is no longer required.
- Reservations for Mass are no longer required and you may choose your seating.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building and before receiving communion by using your own sanitizer. Sanitizer stations will be at the entrances to the church building.
- You may sing at Mass and we have the music in the worship aids.
- Holy water is put back in the fonts.
- Offertory will be collected in pews and the offertory procession will resume at the weekend Masses.
- Please continue to refrain from holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer and shaking hands during the Sign of Peace if you are not in the same household.
- At communion all who distribute communion will sanitize their hands.
- Distribution of the cup remains suppressed.
- The Blessed Sacrament and Tabernacle are now in the Church. As a sign of respect, we ask that people bow or genuflect before being seated and when they approach the altar. Be aware of others praying before Mass begins.
- We will resume distribution of a printed bulletin on June 5 & 6, available in stands by the building doors.
- Confession will take place in the confessional. Approach a visiting priest.
- We ask for your continued patience and we hope to resume a schedule of in-person meetings in the church following the start of the fiscal year, July 1.
- We will continue to hold the First Friday Adoration Holy Hour from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. and it will be live streamed.
- The office will follow the same policy for masking as listed above.
For those who are uncomfortable with these changes or have challenged health situations that prohibit attendance:
- Bishop Knestout is continuing the dispensation for all faithful in the Diocese from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days until Saturday June 26, 2021 and Sunday June 27, 2021.
- We will continue to livestream the weekday and weekend Masses.
- If you have concerns about the changes, please approach the pastor or a staff member or call the parish office at 639-6712.
The pastor, deacons, management, and church leadership want to thank everyone for their understanding, patience, support and most importantly prayers over the past year. We offer prayers of gratitude as we find ourselves rounding the corner of the pandemic. We have sought to keep you safe over the past year and now we ask you to continue to look out for one another as we move forward with these changes. You are the Church, you are the presence of Christ in our community today and know what a blessing it is to serve you in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. We are so happy to be together again!
For information on what's happening in the parish, click on one of the images below:
DONATE: Learn the latest about ways to support the parish
PRAY: Mass times, reservations, directions, and church hours
RESOURCES: Online resources available to support your faith at this time
Click the Livestream button to view our 5:30 p.m. Mass on Saturday evening and daily Masses at 9:00 a.m. each Tuesday and Friday. You don't need a Facebook account to watch. If you don't have a Facebook account and are prompted to create one, click "Not Now" and continue.
CLICK HERE to see the worship aid for the weekend Masses.