Devotional Fridays of Lent at St. Gabriel
Each Friday in Lent following the 9 a.m. Mass:
- Exposition, Adoration & Benediction until 10:30 a.m.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available from 9:45 – 10:15 a.m.
- Stations of the Cross will be held at 6:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. Stations of the Cross will be livestreamed for those that cannot attend in person.
- Best Lent Ever 2.0 – Don’t Be a Consumer, Be a Disciple - CLICK HERE
- Free daily Gospel reflections from Bishop Barron - CLICK HERE
- Sign up for the Hallow app and pray using Hallow this Lent and beyond - CLICK HERE
- Loyola Press offers many resources for your Lenten journey - CLICK HERE
- Ignatian Spirituality offers a wide variety of retreats and resources online at CLICK HERE
Regulations for Fasting and Abstinence
Fasting is to be observed by all 18 years of age and older, who have not yet celebrated their 59th birthday. On a fast day, one full meal is allowed. Two other meals, sufficient to maintain strength, may be taken according to each one’s needs, but together they should not equal another full meal. Eating between meals is not permitted, but liquids, including milk and juices, are allowed.
Abstinence is observed by all 14 years of age and older. On a day of abstinence no meat is allowed. Note that when health or ability to work would be seriously affected, the law does not oblige. When in doubt concerning fasting and abstinence, the parish priest should be consulted.
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of fast and abstinence.
All of the Fridays of Lent are days of abstinence.