Diocesan News & Events
1. 2021 Annual Diocesan Appeal-Building Our Family of Faith - If you would like to donate now, please CLICK HERE.
A Message from the Most Reverend Barry C. Knestout, Bishop of Richmond
This past year has been unlike anything I could have imagined. And yet, through it all, I have witnessed the unshakable faith of our priests, leaders and families.
Our faith and our mission continue with strength and perseverance.
When the pandemic hit, the Diocese of Richmond came together to help our parishes learn new skills and expand their presence online. In addition, resources were mobilized to support many critical ministries. I am so proud of all that we accomplished together, and I am committed to building on these successes in the year ahead.
The 2021 Annual Diocesan Appeal is the yearly opportunity for us to engage the next generation, provide for those in need and build Catholic communities. It is the critical next step for our Diocese and our parishes. In the spirit of faith and mission, I pray that you will consider making a generous pledge to this year’s Appeal.
You can see more details on the 2021 Annual Appeal on the Catholic Diocese of Richmond’s website.
2. Discover the Pope's New Social Encyclical: Fratelli Tutti - Fraternity and Social Friendship. Fraternity and social friendship are the ways the Pontiff indicates to build a better, more just and peaceful world, with the contribution of all: people and institutions. With an emphatic confirmation of a ‘no’ to war and to globalized indifference. Read all by CLICKING HERE
3. Please CLICK HERE for an important letter from Bishop Knestout regarding the announcement from the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith of the publication of a Vademecum which addresses the universal Church’s ongoing responsibility to address the protection of children.Diocesan Response to the Abuse Crisis. (8/4/2020)
4. For an overview of Bishop Knestout & Diocesan Response to the Crisis in the Church including a video interview with Bishop Knestout as he answers the faithful’s most frequently asked questions, a timeline of actions taken within the diocese to address the crisis, and resources to learn how Bishop Knestout is answering the call for accountability, please CLICK HERE.
5. Visit the Diocesan Web Page outlining the Child Protection/Safe Environment Program CLICK HERE. The Diocese is committed to ensuring that all institutions and ministries provide safe and nurturing environments for children, youth and vulnerable individuals. This program incorporates the standards outlined in the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. CLICK HERE for the page
Bishop Knestout encourages anyone aware of sexual abuse of minors on the part of clergy or staff of our diocese to notify civil authorities, call the Attorney General’s Clergy Abuse Hotline at 1-833-454-9064, and reach out to the Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator, Jennifer Sloan at 1-877-887-9603.