Join the St. Gabriel's Prison Ministry
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them. Heb 13:3
St. Gabriel's is growing a ministry within the parish to assist and support Prison Ministry that directly links us to our call as Catholics to this Work of Mercy - Visit the Imprisoned.
To join the ministry, CLICK HERE and scroll down to Prison Ministry or complete the form below.
Ways You Can Become Involved:
1. Join the St. Gabriel's Prison Ministry: By joining the ministry you will meet monthly with others who seek to grow this ministry's outreach. Meetings in 2018-19 are: Mondays at 7 p.m., Sept 17, Oct. 22, Nov. 19, Dec. 17, Jan. 14, Feb. 25, March 18, April 15, May 20 and June 17
2. Become a Member of a Kairos Team: Kairos is an interdenominational Christian Ministry whose programs are designed to be presented in state and federal men's and women's correctional institutions. The mission of Kairos is to bring Christ's love and forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families, and those who work with them, and to assist in the transition of becoming a productive citizen. By joining the KAIROS Inside team you will become part of an interfaith Christian men or women's team that goes into a correctional facility to give a 3-day-retreat to inmates. Women have also an additional option to become part of an interfaith Christian women's team that support the spouses, parents and relatives of the incarcerated, who often 'do time' right along with their loved ones. It is important for the incarcerated and their families to know that they are not alone and that there is a Christian community that cares.
3. Bake Cookies: Twice a year as a retreat is offered, cookies, baked in prayer, are given to the retreatants to express the care and concern of others. Watch the bulletin for the weekends at mass that the bags and directions are distributed so you can participate in this great gesture of Christ's love.
4. Be a Prayer Partner: During the retreat weekend prayer partners commit to pray for ½ hour slots for the retreatants and team members. NEW RETREAT FOR MEN: Deep Meadow Correctional Center/State Farm (DMCC/SF #6) on March 14-17. We invite St. Gabriel's parishioners to sign up to pray for the retreat participants. Click here to sign up, or you may sign up in the Commons after Masses on March 2-3. Your commitment is to pray at a set time from wherever you are. (You are given the opportunity to provide your name so that the weekend attendees can get the feeling that you are a real person.)
5. Volunteer to participate in the Heroin Addiction Recovery Program (HARP) offered by Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office. Help develop and implement specific faith and self-help programs for the participants in the HARP.
Interested in finding out more? Complete the inquiry form below and the ministry facilitator will be in touch with you.
CLICK HERE to find out more about HARP
You can also visit the Kairos Websites:
Kairos International: http://www.kairosprisonministry.org/index.php
Kairos of Virginia: http://www.kairosva.org/WhereWeServe2015.html