Kairos Prison Ministry
Join the St. Gabriel's Kairos Prison Ministry
Kairos is an interdenominational Christian Ministry whose programs are designed to be presented in state and federal men's and women's correctional institutions. The mission of Kairos is to bring Christ's love and forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families, and those who work with them, and to assist in the transition of becoming a productive citizen.
St. Gabriel's is growing a ministry within the parish to assist and support Kairos Prison Ministry that directly links us to our call as Catholics to this Work of Mercy - Visit the Imprisoned.
To join the ministry, CLICK HERE and scroll down to Kairos Prison Ministry or complete the form below.
Ways You Can Become Involved:
1. Join the St. Gabriel's Kairos Prison Ministry: By joining the ministry you will meet monthly with others who seek to grow this ministry's outreach. Meetings in 2017-18 are: Tuesdays at 7 p.m.: July 11, Aug. 8, Sept. 12, Oct. 10, Nov. 14, Dec. 12, Jan. 9, Feb. 13, March 13, April 10 , May 8 and June 12.
2. Become a Member of a Kairos Team: By joining the KAIROS Inside team you will become part of an interfaith Christian men or women's team that goes into a correctional facility to give a 3-day-retreat to inmates. Women have also an additional option to become part of an interfaith Christian women's team that support the spouses, parents and relatives of the incarcerated, who often 'do time' right along with their loved ones. It is important for the incarcerated and their families to know that they are not alone and that there is a Christian community that cares.
3. Bake Cookies: Twice a year as a retreat is offered, cookies, baked in prayer, are given to the retreatants to express the care and concern of others. Watch the bulletin for the weekends at mass that the bags and directions are distributed so you can participate in this great gesture of Christ's love.
4. Be a Prayer Partner: During the retreat weekend prayer partners commit to pray an hour for the retreatants and team members. Information will be available in the bulletin.
5. Be a Sponsor: Parishioners are invited to sponsor a prison resident to attend the retreat weekend. Total weekend expenses average $125 per resident. Currently, members of the team bear most of the cost since limited sponsorships are available.
Interested in finding out more? Complete the inquiry form below and the ministry facilitator will be in touch with you.
You can also visit the Kairos Websites:
Kairos International: http://www.kairosprisonministry.org/index.php
Kairos of Virginia: http://www.kairosva.org/WhereWeServe2015.html