Increased Giving Campaign
"Being blessed with the gift of faith and as members of the Catholic Church our Lord Jesus himself tells us to spread the Good News. One way we share the Good News is by investing in our parish because it is here that many people turn to be fed. Our spiritual home should be active, vibrant and alive with the love of our Lord Jesus. We must have a spiritual home that can meet the spiritual needs of the many different types of people who will walk through our doors." -- John Christiansen, Chair of Pastoral Council, co-facilitator of Financial Peace University
Update on Status of Increased Giving Campaign as of 4/22/19:
105 households out of the 1171 registered have submitted their commitment forms
$249,422 has been pledged in offertory
$55,365 has been pledged in building and growth
13 new donors for offertory
42 new donors for building and growth
A BIG thank-you to all those who have pledged so far
In 2017-18 St. Gabriel's had...
- Celebrated 118 Baptisms, First Communions, Confirmations and Marriages
- 240 Adults in Faith Formation
- 54 Households Giving 40% of the Offertory
- 1171 Households Registered in the Parish
- 700 "Angels" with Christmas Gifts Under the Tree
- 248 Followers Averaging on Facebook
- 16 Ministries Serving Those in Need in our Parish and Beyond
- 5930 Lunches Made through St. Anthony's Bread, St. Peter's Luncheon, and Richmond Friends of the Homeless
- 238 Children and Youth in Faith Formation
"When someone asks what do you like about St. Gabriel Parish, how do you respond? For me, it is the people that my wife, Mary, and I have been engaged with over the past 12 years that participate in our liturgy and ministries, which for me include the Fishermen, Migrant ministry and Marriage Enrichment. As a follow up to our pastor's vision statement, we must now assess how we can grow our sustained weekly giving from below our budget to at least a 20 percent increase. This allows us to not only keep up with inflation, but to send a signal to the diocese that we will be able to support a future capital campaign for much needed additional space." - Jim Haug, member of Pastoral Council, coordinator of Migrant Ministry, co-facilitator for Marriage Enrichment, member of Fishermen
We Need an Increase to Sustain What We Have...
- An Increase in GIVING to Offertory
- An Increase in CONSISTENT SUPPORT Financially
- An Increase in FAMILIES INVESTING IN THEIR PARISH
How Will We Grow?
- Show a VIBRANT, STRONG Offertory That can Support More
- Continue to Explore EXPANSION Capabilities
- Ministries can be HEALTHY and GROWING
Where we are:
- Current offertory for 2018-19 is $15,000 less than projected (as of 4/1/19)
- With an increase, ministries and programs can expand
- Next year expecting another 3-4% increase in expenses
- Limited emergency funds available (i.e. new roof would cost aproximately $120,000)
What we've done:
- We are debt free
- Begun site evaluation of potential church and education/administrative block
- Greater Mission, LLC analyzed current parish giving to see potential for expansion.
"Looking at the numbers it is actually surprisingly easy for us, as a parish, to make a significant impact on what our parish can do and offer to others if we collectively decide to support our church family. For those of you who are currently giving - thank you! If you have been giving at a certain level, we ask that you prayerfully consider increasing your regular contribution... if you fall into the category of those who are not currently giving or give occasionally - we ask that you would ponder the generosity the Lord has bestowed on you in your own life and begin to be a weekly contributor to the mission of the Catholic Church. What you contribute is vital to the outreach and impact we can have on our community. You will never out give God in generosity!" - Patti Christiansen, First Reconciliation and First Eucharist catechist, co-facilitator of Financial Peace University
"Fundraising raises funds. We should be raising givers." - Michael White and Tom Corcoran, authors of "Rebuilt."
We are grateful to the givers in our parish family for their support and ask for all to prayerfully consider increasing or becoming a giver now. God bless you for all you do.
Your increase to offertory will let us know if we sustain what we have and how we will grow.
Why we need to hear from everyone:
- Every person matters... know that even if you can't increase or give right now, we want to hear from you.
- Plan for the future... with a clear picture of the projected giving we can plan programs and growth to keep ministries healthy
- We can make the case that we can support expansion
- Note: If you are unable to currently make a financial commitment at this time, please fill out the form and pray for the continued growth of the parish. Remember your prayerful support, personal presence and participation are valuable gifts to the parish.
"As I look around the local vicinity, I see rapid growth in both the commercial and residential sectors, with over 5,000 new homes being planned in the next few years. We have the capacity to welcome many new neighbors to our parish community. To show ourselves and the diocese that we have the will and desire to someday support a capital campaign, we must first reach a level of positive sustainment. Now is the time to take action and to be true to our responsibility as a member of this wonderful faith community!" - Jim Haug
NOTE: Even if you are unable to increase giving at this time, please complete the commitment form below. Thank-you!
To become an E-Giver and to change your E-Giving Commitment: CLICK HERE
100% of your commitment will go to the parish!